Wednesday, July 10, 2013

PRE-DRYWALL MEETING - CHECK!

The Pre-Drywall meeting was exciting and educational.  Phil met us today and took us (kids NOT in tow) throughout the home - Rob taking notes and myself taking photos.  And I admit - I took ALOT of photos!  What we liked best?  For me I enjoyed standing at the front door looking down the hall to the morning room windows - I could almost see how wonderful this home is going to be.  My 2nd fav - no not my exciting kitchen with the double wall oven...(I think that will top my list in the pre-settlement meeting.)  It was the unfinished basement spaces.  We have a finished basement and I had "daydreamed" that Rob could finish the unfinished space to make a bedroom or exercise room --- I love you Rob but I am unsure of your ability to run electrical or HVAC to those spaces - and to my pleasant surprise - Rob will not have to! In the spaces: light - check, outlet - check, HVAC - check!!  That means framing, drywall, floor and paint and it is finished.

Now for Robs favorite item today - the back yard.  He was having difficulty imagining the size of the yard - but today he stood in his back yard and was smiling - it could have been the stubbed gas line for his BBQ!

So as for dates - Our Pre-settlement meeting is scheduled for 1000, 21 August 2013 with our Settlement scheduled at 1300, 23 August 2013. So my guesstimate was 3 days off  - not too bad.

Rob and I following the walk-thru
Rob and Phil in the back "dirt".


The tot lot installed up the street

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is fast. I was told a month ago we were looking at the end of August. We are about a week behind you. I'll have to see what happens when we have our pre-drywall on Monday. As excited as I am to get in my new house, I'm not ready to close by the end of the month. Congratulations on being able to be in your house so soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooops typo - those are all August dates!!! Rob did not QC me very well that time :) we close 23 August. Thanks for the comment otherwise I would have never realized it.

    ReplyDelete