Saturday, June 1, 2013

A HOLE IN OUR HEARTS

We have had nothing but exciting news these last two days.  On Thursday as we scrubbed our house in Hawaii for turnover to housing - we got the below pictures..

FINALLY - A SOLD SIGN!

WE ARE ENVIRONMENTALLY READY!

 Then as our Thursday progressed, we got these fabulous pictures!

THE DIGGING HAS BEGUN

PHIL TAKES GREAT ACTION SHOTS!


Then Friday comes around and we are extremely busy shipping cars - having housing inspections driving around with more errands then time and this photo of an intriguing hole appears in our inbox...

A HOLE  IN OUR HEARTS IS OPEN - AND READY FOR FOOTINGS!
Phil has advised that the concrete is ready to start Monday for the footings with the concrete foundation being completed shortly after.  THANK YOU PHIL!  As it ended up on Friday May 31st - we closed the door on our Hawaiian home and the ground opened up to our future.

MEANWHILE -

I had forgotten to get into some new details.  The New Rome Model has come out - version 5 I think, and they have a few additions I may or may not have chosen mainly additional rooms. (But that would just mean more square footage to clean!!)  However my dream kitchen that I wanted from the Stanhope model had a double wall oven!  It was not an option for the Rome in January and when I requested it - I was informed that it was not even a "red tag" item and a no-go from the start.  So I gave up, disappointed and expressed to Tina that RH needs to correct that deficiency - and before our build so I could get one ;) and Low and Behold the version 5 has it!!  Not like I've seen in some of the blogs where people requested it - and got it. But nonetheless it is available.  So as  I grumbled to Tina our Sales Rep about this - And of course in her Awesomeness she came through!  It took about 2 or more weeks, but a DREAM KITCHEN will be ours!  I even went with the all out appliance package and changed to gas to complete the deal - I know it will be beautiful and so functional!  Did it cost me ---- Of Course, nothing is free these days, and I took my husbands patio money to get it, that means I OWE HIM! :) And he must REALLY LOVE ME!!!

NEW KITCHEN LAYOUT

OUR APPLIANCE CHOICES

2 comments:

  1. This is interesting I ask for the same thing and they told me no and I don't even have a start date yet. I'm going to ask again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know when we first started the process I stressed my disappointment on the double oven and that if it became an option - I wanted it. I think if you really want it, and you're willing to pay for it, it is worth pushing RH harder. We had to pay for the changes, and the money was not going to anything tangible - just towards the documentation changes ect. The only tangible items our money went to was when I selected appliances that cost more then my original choice.

      Good Luck!

      Delete